Requirement – 5 Ingredients Needed and a Blog
- A System
- Appointment With Your Blog
I’m going out on a limb here and assuming you have a blog. If you don’t or don’t even know what a blog is, no problem, just download the NicheQuest ebook at the top of the page.
A blog strategy done right is like a license to print money. Stories sell and case studies about your business is an easy way to craft a story. Case studies provide a problem/solution scenario which is what your customer is searching for online. It’s why we all search online. They are also an easy way to use many keywords that relate to your business and educate our friendly robot, Google, about your business. If you don’t know this, Google only knows what you do by reading the words you provide in the right way. If you do a better job educating Google than your competitors, you get more exposure. Google WANTS to tell searchers about you, but you have to provide the info. It’s the same as networking at your local Chamber of Commerce, if the people you meet don’t know what you do, they can’t refer you. If you don’t attend meetings, everyone forgets you.
So what you need, what we all need, is a strategy. So lets go through what has worked for me and my clients.Let me begin by saying writing a blog should only take you 25 minutes. If your blog is 300 words, break it down to 75 words every 5 minutes or 15 words per minute, that’s 20 minutes with 5 minutes to spare. (Hint: You probably type a 20-25 word email in less than a minute.)
- Keywords – Start With a Keyword Phrase, Don’t think about keywords when you sit down to write your blog. This should be done way in advance. Keywords should be stored in your inventory like spices in your spice cabinet. Just grab and use as needed.
- Format – Every blog post is about a different scenario but format is always the same. State the problem, list 5 points that solved the problem, then summarize. With intro to problem, 5 bullet points and summary that’s 7 paragraphs. If each is 40 words, that totals 280 words. Add a 20 word paragraph at end to describe your local focus and you’ve hit your target 300 words.
- Systemize It – Think in terms of systems. Step 1, 2, 3 and so on. Focus on keywords, problem, solution, 300 words and complete in 25 minutes.
- Set an Appointment with Your Blog – This is your sales tool. Your blog is like having a face to face meeting with your client. Set an appointment on the same time, same day every week. Don’t be late.
- Use A Stopwatch – You can search online for online stopwatch or use you Mobile phone. When you start the clock, your brain goes into production mode. It’s based on the Pomodoro Effect.
You have a huge advantage if you follow the program. Your competitors don’t have a clue how to do this and even if they did, they likely will quit unless they have a system. This strategy will educate Google, it can be replicated on Facebook, Google Plus, with You Tube Videos. You can scale it to get even more business and it brands your business as a problem solver and go to resource. Follow the formula and you will dominate your market.
Think Systems! It’s the only way to succeed and scale your business.
Let me know if you need help with your systems. Like this blog? Leave a comment below.