You ever see someone with extraordinary success and wonder, “Why Not Me?”
They don’t seem smarter or better looking than you. You might even have a better personality than they do.
So why them and not you? The simple reason. Your plan.
In best seller “Think and Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill, the author got his inspiration from steel baron, Andrew Carnegie. Carnegie believed anyone can become rich with the right plan.
First, you must know what you want, then create a definite purpose followed by passion and persistence.
How Can You Replicate This Business Model?
First, it’s the power of the internet enabling entrepreneurs to reach consumers that otherwise would be impossible.
Dan “gets it” with the internet, where few of his competitors do.
To build your empire, start with the mindset techniques in this blog here.
The mindset formula works. Start there. That’s where you develop a habit of targeting what you want with SMART goals.
It’s imperative you develop the right mindset to ignite your journey. It’s not enough to just think it. It must be crystalized into an action plan.
The next step is to research your niche. Then apply that research to your daily mindset exercise.
How to Select Your Niche
It’s very difficult to start with a national strategy. It takes a massive amount of work and it’s very expensive. Plus, you don’t know if it will work.
The best plans start small. Find what works, then replicate.
Fortunately, Google, Facebook and many other companies provide you with access to local customers.
The goal is not just to build a website, but to expand into a local authority site that will open the doors to new revenue streams.
The key is to just get started.
Here’s what to do:
Each one of the following only takes a few minutes to research.
1. Keyword Planner – You can open a free account at Google to access the keyword planner. Search for keyword ideas that relate to your niche. If the top 10 most searched keywords have a combined total 30,000 monthly searches, you have a great opportunity. If you find 5 or less with a combined monthly search of 15,000, you still have a solid market. Market Samurai is an excellent tool for researching keywords and your market. It offers a FREE keyword research tool along with training & tutorials.
2. Forums – Go to Google and search your top keywords plus the word forum. Look for top topics that provide a solution to a problem.
3. Amazon – It doesn’t matter whether what market you’re in. The opportunity to build an amazing business is available to everyone and every business. So go to Amazon. Search for books in your niche. Look for the best sellers in the top 50,000 with at least 15-20 reviews. Reviews indicate engagement. Ideally find 4-5 books in your niche.
The purpose is to find the content your target market wants. Amazon books provide the answer. The work and research is already done for you.
Create a spreadsheet with books, best seller rank, keywords they use in their description. Write down other ideas you find for additional niche markets
4. YouTube – Google is the largest search engine, YouTube is the second largest. After you research your niche. At this point, you know the top keywords. You should be seeing a market unfold. In the YouTube search area, type your keywords. Look for the most relevant videos with views of at least 10,000. Ideally look for videos with 25,000-50,000 views.
5. Clickbank – Clickbank is a marketplace for information products. This is another awesome place to look for information people are willing to spend money on. You can open a free account and get access to thousands of information products. Look at 3 pieces of information.
- Gravity of 15-20 or more. This indicates how many new internet marketers have sold this product for the first time in the past week or so. There is a sorting feature in the Advanced search area to filter results. You can also search by category.
Put the results in your spreadsheet. You can click each result to view their website or sales page. Look at the keywords used in their bold sales points. This will tell you the top keywords these sharp marketers know will sell based on extensive real world results.
- Price – Look for products that sell for $30.00 – $50 or more. Pricing indicates this market is willing to spend and want this information.
- Recurring Billing – This is another feature Clickbank provides. This relates to memberships. If there is a membership site, it’s another indication that people want this information.
6. Facebook – Go to Facebook and search for groups in your target niche. If you find groups with 5,000 or more and shares of 50 or more, you know there’s a strong market. Look at the topics being shared and you’ll know what to provide your audience.
If you follow the steps outlined here, you’ll know what your market wants.
Then you can start looking at your local market, who the competitors are and how to start building a plan to get started and how to scale your business to dominate your local market, then expand nationally.
In the next blog, I’ll discuss searching your competition and how to start building your strategy.
Latest posts by Edward Winslow (see all)
- How Google Search Ads & Position Affect Clicks to Your Website - 22 Oct 2018
- How to Create a Local Marketing Strategy – A Quick Starter Guide - 17 Jul 2018
- GDPR 101 Frequently Asked Questions - 30 Jun 2018